...random experiences, observations and thoughts of my daily life as mommy...past journeys and dreams of journeys yet to be taken creating my life story as i go...


Thursday, November 18, 2010

school...siblings...sea and story

i have 15 minutes of "free" time to come up a post from last night...i had no themes or ideas in my head so i just posted a general title and put a photo i really like of my children...and that was enough...but then i had so many ideas in my head as i lay in bed i wanted to get up and post...tiredness won out...

today (tonight)'s post will be one in my weekly series on recording my childhood...fifth grade...not a great year for me...i haven't even allowed myself to brainstorm what i'll write about nor found any supporting photos so it may be a sparse post...or i may get something up like i did last night and then fill in the details the next day?! weird procrastination habit i've picked up lately...

story is taking an early nap today...allowing me to let my brain spill some of this out...soothing sound of the dryer in the background...listening to simon and garfunkel on pandora...gray cloudy skies either bring out my depressive side or help me focus inward and on the joy i have inside...fortunately the latter is true today...no coffee or tea to sip as i type (too many cups of coffee when i went out to breakfast with two old high school friends this morning)...so since i have too much in my head and too little time, i'm going to just make a list of some of the things we did this week just to use this blog as a record of life and to remind myself of things i hope to blog about later but never will because new things will happen instead...

monday

we had our weekly breakfast with cara (friends since we were 6) and her 1-year-old daughter bria. cara buys all these yummy gourmet organic groceries and doesn't like to cook so she lets me take over her kitchen and story plays happily while i go crazy in her kitchen and then eat way too much while we catch up comparing notes on being mommies and our crazy moms...

later that afternoon sea attended an art class at my very dear friend char's house...we are trying to do this weekly, too...she made me yummy chai (too much caffeine and sugar = i was up LATE) that i always look forward...they spread out fall leaves and prickly balls and drew and colored them with oil pastels...loved this...

wednesday

parent-teacher conference (so much more to write about on that one) and then that night we went to the gym and i did my first trial walk for the half marathon in february...423 calories burnt...3.91 miles in 1 hour...and that was walking...i have a lot of work to get to 13 miles!

thursday

story and i went to waldorf preschool in the morning. manuel picked up sea and two of her kindergarten friends from school and took them to the pool...they had a blast...lovely sunny day...

i'm forgetting several other things that were swimming in my head...but i'll leave you with this photo of sea SO happy...i can't even remember why...i suppose it doesn't matter...

i posted a question about expectations for kindergarten...still trying to figure out what mine are...i hope to brainstorm and share more in later posts...probably not before monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me comments here