...random experiences, observations and thoughts of my daily life as mommy...past journeys and dreams of journeys yet to be taken creating my life story as i go...


Thursday, August 12, 2010

musical memories

tonight sea was playing the piano (now 5) and i remembered this photo...off to sing them lullabies to sleep...

now it is morning (not ready to move past the musical post i didn't finish last night)...i just sang "good morning it's God's morning, whether the skies are sunny are graaaaayyyyy....good morning, it's God's morning, hope you have a wonderful day!" to my nursing son...we used to sing that at camp to start the day...last night i remembered how we started singing "somewhere over the rainbow" to sea when she was a newborn and my dad asked if we were going to make that a tradition (we had skipped down the wedding aisle to israel kamakawiwo'ole's version) but that got replaced with a made up lullaby i started singing to the tune of brahms' lullaby "go to sleep...baby sea...go to SLEEP my baby...you are tired and it's time...for the little baby to SLEEP..."

one last song association...this morning i woke up with a really old school song in my head...my mom used to play it on the piano when we were little...i believe it is called "we have this moment" and the chorus goes something like "yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come, but we have this moment today..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me comments here