...random experiences, observations and thoughts of my daily life as mommy...past journeys and dreams of journeys yet to be taken creating my life story as i go...


Saturday, October 2, 2010

bye bye miss american pie

late last night i got this e-mail message from my friend vickie (blonde to my right):

"Hi all,
Just remembering Sunday is 10/3, the day the music of Miss Lorie Jean died.

Nancy, our second annual Loriepalooza this year was spent in Rhode Island at Leialoha's wedding. Slight irony, I know, but she would've approved. We had an amazing trip and Lorie was abosuletely with us in spirit. I even wore the necklace of hers that you gave me to be sure. It was a grand time she would've loved.

But next year, we'll be back on with the third annual Loriepalooza, complete with t-shirts and whiskey. Jones, should we book the date now?

Anyway, here's to Lorie, Lorie, bo borie. I'm still pissed at her for exiting too early.

Lots of love to all and 'specially to Nancy this weekend.

Love you guys!!

-vick

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And, maybe, they'd be happy for a while.
But October made me shiver
With every laugh I'd deliver.
Bad news on the doorstep;
I couldn't take one more step.
I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his widowed bride,
But something touched me deep inside
The day the music died.
So bye-bye, Miss American Pie.
Drove my Chevy to the levee,
But the levee was dry.
And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singin', "this'll be the day that I die.
"this'll be the day that I die."...."

lorie died 2 years ago on the third of october...i needed to give myself 24 hours to reflect and write about missing her...maybe tomorrow on the anniversary of her death...here is the post when she originally died (and a great photo of us together)...this photo here is from her bridal shower...she is the one seated...she was only 36...i can't get "bye-bye miss american pie" out of my head...thinking about smiling and dancing and laughing because of her...

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me comments here