...random experiences, observations and thoughts of my daily life as mommy...past journeys and dreams of journeys yet to be taken creating my life story as i go...


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

day 68 blog 55 road trip up north sept 26

sorry i'm all over the place...but i got a fair amount done in the house (probably because we never left it) and story is sleeping so i wanted to back track to our road trip...these are just from the drive up back on sept 26...you can see lollipops and chocolate banana vivanno from starbucks were keeping us sane for the first 4 hours or so...grrr...story woke up...nursed him back to sleep but i always get anxiety balancing "going back to sleep with him, playing one-on-one with sea, blogging, cleaning, etc."...hope to finish this to do some of the other...

i picked up missy's friend cynthia outside of bakersfield (about halfway in to our journey)...
when we stopped for gas, story was starting to get over it so we looked at this dinosaur and made funny roaring/growling noises to entertain him...he copied us...sea painted her toenails in the background black with one of her markers...
i'm sorry for more of the same but i liked the lighting on sea's lolly, eyelashes...toes...
story for a few more moments of laughter before he melted down...i think they were singing...oh, one more "little thing", like sea, he is humming several songs now even though he says very few words: "twinkle, twinkle", "old macdonald", and "are you sleeping?"...
we started playing "eye spy"...windmills...as i knew there was one at anderson's split pea...
i usually get the traveler's special that includes all you can eat split pea soup but i knew watching two wee ones i would only get in about one bowl anyway...here are sea and story as "hap-pea" and "pea-wee"...
close up of me with story...
sea being dramatic...
and we end this part of our journey with cynthia and sea (sea wouldn't pose for a happy shot...to her credit sea actually did great for such a long journey)...we stopped at missy and clarence's and went together to j.d.'s house...

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the shot of Story in the corner. LOVE Pea Soup Anderson's. What a classic family stop! Great pictures Denise!! Ahhhh...Road Trip. Never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking at the posts that you've written, racking up in my Google Reader and I kept waiting for a moment to stop by. I'm so glad I did as I would have surely missed a good lollipop roadtrip lol

    My new little niece was born last week and her initials are SEA. I immediately thought of you :) How fun. I liked the light on Sea's eyelashes, lolly and toes, too.

    I was just crawling into bed when I decided to stop by and read one post. In another week or so I'll be back home and back on my own timeline again.

    Thanks again for all of your wonderful comments on my blog. You are such a doll.

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete

leave me comments here