...random experiences, observations and thoughts of my daily life as mommy...past journeys and dreams of journeys yet to be taken creating my life story as i go...


Friday, September 2, 2011

swirling in a pool

we are going to spend all day today at the pool...my thoughts have been swirling...i love the translucent nature of these photos as sea swirls in the pool...taken the end of last summer when sea was only 5 and about to enter kindergarten...i'm trying to write one more quick post with music that is too upbeat for my mood or energy, dog still in and out of the room, cat trying to escape outside to certain peril...kids transfixed by monkey george...my thoughts lost somewhere...i really want to find them because i feel compelled to "capture" these last moments before school starts...it is late thursday night and i'm going to schedule this to post 12:01 friday morning...i could probably do nablopomo if i could write several posts and schedule when they would post but somehow that seems to take away from the spirit of a-post-a-day...so i don't feel badly i'm not committing to nablopomo...

i also am going to decline jog-a-thon coordinator at sea's school. my friend is in charge of coordinating all the volunteers/coordinators and i feel like i might let her down but not as much as i would let down myself, my family and ultimately the school if i took the position...so instead i'm shooting for room mom. i met all three first grade teachers yesterday. the first one was sea's favorite...i'm not sure why...she was kind to sea, but so were the others...sea hid behind my legs and said loud enough for her to hear "mommy, can i tell you a secret?" and i said, sure, and turned her way to which she said "i want HER to be my teacher!"...the other two teachers were nice to sea as well. i've decided they each have their strengths and i can't try to control too much. i did ask each of them if i could be room mom if they were in sea's room... i think they said yes? i got caught up in trying to assess them/have sea meet them...

sea told one teacher she is a little bit scared about first grade because they don't give second chances (i still don't know what that means exactly) to which the teacher said "I will give you second chances"...i keep trying to get sea to tell me about kindergarten before those memories get lost in the experience of first grade. or tell me her first grade expectations...or what she enjoyed about the summer...i am trying to hold on to too much...i really am off to bed now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me comments here