...random experiences, observations and thoughts of my daily life as mommy...past journeys and dreams of journeys yet to be taken creating my life story as i go...


Thursday, March 31, 2011

puppy part 2 and nablopmo commitment in april

i think sea looks a little bit like me in this first photo. not sure why i wrote that as my introductory idea, just noticed it...she is growing up too fast...they both are...time slips away before i can capture it in photos or writing and even worse i can't seem to keep it in my memories...i try to hard to hold on to too much...just need to appreciate the little moments and experience them fully...so i stopped blogging for something like 3 weeks and it was painful and easy at the same time. so i don't want to go more than 4 days without blogging in the future if i can help it...i think daily is too much for me but i nonetheless signed up for nablopomo for the month of april for several reasons:

1) i need the external motivation to blog more
2) i have a little bit more free time in april
3) i liked the topic of "sprout"...more on this later...
4) nablopomo is merging with blogher and the annual conference this summer is where i live here in san diego...if i end up attending this i'd actually like to be an active blogger

i'm so scattered and tired and distracted...so here are a few more photos of our new puppy kyra that took forever to load and they seem to be low resolution and fuzzy but at least the idea and movement of the moments is still here...
here she is with 3 of her other litter mates...
following us everywhere (while my husband was shaving)...
while story watched t.v...






and even fell asleep with story...


i think i ended on these photos of sleep unconsciously knowing that is what i should be doing...but alas i'm plugging away as my whole family is sleeping much more soundly than i expected and i'm cherishing the free time knowing how limited it is but knowing at the same time any day now i'll have too much time and wish my children needed me more, clung to me, were little and vulnerable and nagging and hanging on me...i feel like i'm missing these things even while i still have them! oh the conundrums of living life and trying to capture it...

i was hoping to do a photo a day for 365 days but i don't really think/write like that...so maybe at the end/beginning of each month i'll go back and do a month recap of all the photos and experiences i photographed but didn't write or blog about...

i also have decided not to follow so many blogs this time. i was trying to be fair about commenting and keeping up with people's blogs but it was at the expense of writing in my blog, living my life, time with family. so for the month of april while i'm blogging every day, i'll allow myself to read one meaningful blog and comment while the photos are uploading for that day's post. i'm committing to this publicly which is funny because i have few readers but the few i'm going to go back to comment on are people i really care about...two i'll share with you here:

on the topic of meaning, my local friend andrea is writing about 365 days of meaning here and my blogger and fellow mommy friend amanda of i am mommy just had a new baby along with some amazing newborn photos here...if you are looking for people with integrity, sincerity, good writing, meaningful dialogue/questions, you should check these blogs out!

2 comments:

  1. omg, cutest puppy EVER!! I would LOVE to have a dog. Unfortunately, we rent... I doubt we're even suppose to have our bunnies, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALways enjoy coming here... reading about your kids and family and adventures... and PUPPY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

leave me comments here